From:
City Monkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:02:14 -0500
Thanks for the info everyone, there's a lot of interesting stuff in this thread.

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:48:27 +0100, Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I am new to this discussion, and I've largely let it go by me because
>I've *never* counted the calories I eat (although I have an idea what
>is contained in some foods).  I'm 21, male, currently working as a
>postman (2-3 hours carrying and walking daily), and am into martial
>arts (average about 10 hours a week training).  I am about 183cm and
>73kg in weight.  (About 6' something and 11 stone in old money, I
>think.)

around 6' 160lbs if my calculator is right
your bmi: 21.8

my bmi: 19.9

Okay so the common theme I'm seeing is to trust your instincts, and that you
all don't eat a very high calorie diet and yet you aren't underweight and
have energy. I've read if you're eating a low-cal diet then your body will
have to limit certain functions to try and make up for it like lowering your
immune system. But who knows.

You sure do eat a lot of meat though. I wonder if you cook it at every meal,
or cook it all at once or what.

>(she thinks paleo is an eating disorder because I "cut out so much")

I can relate to that :) I told mine that I'd add more variety back to my
diet by starting a worm and insect farm in my basement. With about the same
number of calories as beef, I'd save a lot of money. Apparently she didn't
think it was funny :)