From:
Erik Fridén <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 23:18:21 +0100
Just read in the paper about cancer found in certain plant-eating dinosaurs. Note: just the plant eaters! Supposedly has to do with toxic oils in early needle-trees that were among their food. I don't think cancer has to do with eating neolith-style, just the prevalence has.
EF

Jane Warner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I do wonder what the implications of this are for our Paleo
forebearers. For the times that they were the prey, their telomeres must
have been shorter, and got longer as their predators died out. But then
there should have been more tumors. I haven't heard anything about
that. What I read says that they had the perfect combination of foods and life styles, leading to a long life and little cancer. Any comments?

Höstrusk och grå moln - köp en resa till solen på Yahoo! Resor