Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 07:12:25 -0800
Gisele,
I have been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia.  There
have been times when I have eaten right before bed
with no problems and times have had problems.  At the
same time, there have been times when I didn't eat
before bed and had an attack.  What seems to make the
difference for me is my stress level.  I have more
problems when I am under lots of stress.  I have not
noticed that any certain foods bother me, I eat really
spicy foods with no problem.  Since eating the paleo
way, I don't find myself overeating like I did when I
ate grains (you know that not quite satisfied
feeling), so I don't have problems in that respect
anymore.  When I feel an attack coming on, I have to
make a conscious effort to relax, focus my mind
elsewhere, meditate, whatever and the pain subsides
usually in 5 minutes or so, when I don't it goes into
a full-blown problem.  I would just suggest find out
what it is that bothers you, try and remember
everything that happened before the pain started and
eliminate that as best you can.
Jane

=====