From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:35:36 -0500
One of the problems with this list is the volume can get high at times.
Higher than what Dave and I would like to see. When the volume starts to go
up, often it is because the topic has strayed from paleo food. So keeping
the topic narrowly focused is a way to keep list volume down.

One third of the subscriber base get their e-mails in digest form. They get
one e-mail per day, or more if the list volume is high. Including the post
you are replying to ("quoting"), can quickly fatten these digests, kicking
more of them out. So the listowners expect authors to cut out prior posts
when posting.

Another thing that increases volume is chatter. So this is not a chat list.

On the subject of supplements. I see them as a manufactured product, and
not something obtained with a sharp stick and stones.

Don.