From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 00:04:15 -0700
[Ron] I think it is fair to discuss and debate various facets of evolution
here. It may even be fair to debate whether evolution is a viable theory.
However, the attacking style of interaction that has been taking place is
really counterproductive in most contexts.

I agree with this.  Maybe on a different level, I don't know, but I still agree.  While I find a LOT of things on here to be very practical and thought-provoking, religion DOES play a bit of a part for me.  I don't think I have ever said what my religion is in here, and for good reason because it wasn't necessarily pertinent to the rest of you, even if it was to me, although a few of you know, whom I have personally talked to off-list.

Do I think this needs to be turned into a religious discussion??  Nope, not by any means.  But we are all a sum total of our beliefs, not just a food belief or a religious belief or a moral belief, etc.  It is the sum that makes us human, and I feel like religious beliefs should certainly be allowed in here as pertains to our topic, as long as someone isn't trying to sway someone to their way of thinking/believing.  My religious beliefs bring up LOTS of questions about food, etc., so I don't think it's wrong to at least bring up the subject for discussion.  But it's not MY list, sooooo......

And since I am commenting on this, let me just say that I am a Christian and have no "no-no's" in my diet for religious reasons, but...reading some things in the Bible, etc., just make me wonder, that's all.  And that is all I'm gonna say about that right now.  I only said that to clarify why I question things, is all.

My internet has been down for the last couple of days, so I haven't read up on all of this topic yet, but I still agree with those of you who say that religion DOES play a part, depending on how you believe, as long as people don't get rude or preachy, which I haven't read yet.  (I'm reading backwards, lol, sorry...800 unread emails are a little overwhelming.)

As I've said in other groups where people bitch about the content (unless it's legit), just "change the channel, babe".  No one says you have to watch that show!!!  I certainly don't read every single thread in every single group I belong to, nope.  My butt would grow roots on this chair if I did!!!  And Lynnet, since yours is the only post with the complaint that I have read thus far, I am NOT saying your complaint is not legit, sister!!  I'm just saying that for some of us, there IS that factor, that is all!!!  And I promise I won't be preaching in here anytime soon!!!  That is my own personal struggle, but it's nice to be able to talk about it with other people, is all.

Love,
Bren

I once published a paper on that topic, titled "Absolutism's Hidden for
medical Scientism" which I'd be happy to share with anyone who is
interested.

Best Wishes,
Ron