From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 16:20:23 -0500
On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Tom Barber wrote:

> Since then I have slipped back into the old ways and several months ago I
> went paleo again. The first time I did this, weight dropped off me without
> my really trying to lose any. that is not happening this time.
>
> I remember reading somewhere that this is not uncommon, but I am unable to
> find the source. Can anyone help?

I don't know of any official source, but this phenomenon is
legendary in low-carb circles.  One theory is that when
lowcarbing the liver becomes more efficient at gluconeogenesis --
permanently.  The increase in efficiency means increased glucose
output when dietary carb is reduced, etc.  But as far as I know
this theory has never been tested, and I don't think the
phenomenon has been studied at all.

Todd Moody