From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 19:23:44 EDT
>Hi,
>Could someone tell me...is pea starch, pea flour and pea fibre   acceptable
>on the
>paleo diet???
>Can I use pea sources to make a type of grain free bread.
>Thank you
>Debi

While pea flours (especially garbanzo) can be used to make bread and
are
suggested by some as acceptable on a paleo diet, all peas are legumes
and,
for the most part, cannot be eaten raw. According to NeanderThin, and
also
my personal digestive expereince since starting paleo (when I thouught
it
would be easier to eat up that can of garbanzos lurking in my pantry
rather
than giving them away), all legumes with the possible exception of
garden
peas and sugar snap peas should be avoided on paleo.
Stacie
PS. Have you seen the recipe list at http://www.paleofood.com ? Great
bread/cake/muffin recipes there...one for a walnut "tortilla". I have
tried
almost all of these recipes and all have been wonderful.