From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 11:41:47 -0700
On Fri, 7 Jun 2002 09:49:42 -0400, Kathleen Lunson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>In a message dated Thu, 6 Jun 2002 10:01:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
>

>> whenever I go
>> ultra strict (protein + low starch veggies) no nuts, fruit, wild rice or
>> tubers, I simply cannot perform as well at the gym.   I get
>> exhausted very
>> quickly.
>>

>I just thought I'd chime in that the opposite is true for me.  I saw no improvement at the gym at all from additional carbs.

I would suspect the difference is actually that Adrienne is not getting
enough fat to perform athletically.

Dr. Sears, when he was providing the diet for US Olympic athletes (women
swimmers who won gold medals on his diet), found that in order to keep
the carbs low, and thus keep the blood sugar and hormones stable, he had
to greatly increase their fat intake relative to sedentary office
workers.

--
Cheers,

Ken