From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:34:12 -0700
Michael Weis wrote:

>I'm interested in hearing from any former vegetarians on this one. As I
>understand it, vegetarians claim that on the rare occasions when they have eaten meat, it has made them sick to their stomachs. They then use this as evidence of why vegetarianism must be a healthier way
>of eating.
>
>After going "back on" meat, did anyone here experience sickness of that
>nature? If so, how long did it last?

I had heard simular stories but experienced no problems, I started
eating raw tuna first, It tasted just like I remembered it. I really
enjoyed it, went on an eight mile hike and was planning on fasting until
the next morning. I had no stomach upset. When I finished the hike I was
hungry and ate my normal fruit meal. I ate the fish once a week for
almost a year. Then I went to see some instincto friends who gave me my
first mammal meat to try. I also tatsted wonderful. I started eating raw
meat every day. I gained 20 pounds, all muscle. My body had been starved
for protein. I felt enough better that I decided that I definately
didn't want to be a vegetarian any more.