From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 07:32:57 -0400
On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Paul Sand wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Todd Moody wrote:
> >How frequently do you exercise?
>
> 2-4 times a week in a gym less than 1 hour per session + 1 hour per week of
> cardio (usually swimming) I took the training very seriously for a while and
> I was able to gain 4 pounds of muscule without increase of body fat within
> 1.5 month. I almost was accused of taking drugs because they couldn't
> believe in such a gains naturally. One think is that I had glycogen slightly
> depleted during my first readings so some gain may be just glycogen weight.

That's a pretty high level of exercise, and you may be
genetically gifted to gain muscle.  I gain muscle fairly easily
myself, but at 5000 cal/day I gain fat, no matter what I eat.

> How did you calculated 175-250 g? 5% of 5000 cal is arounrd 60 g of carbs
> and is roughly what I'm taking. Have you included protein converted carbs?

That was my mistake.  5% of 5000 cal is 250 cal, of course, which
is about 60g of carbs, yes.  Actually, once you are adapted to
ketone use, 60g should just about cover your baseline glucose
needs, I think.  Close, anyway.

Todd Moody