From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 02:47:46 -0600
Justin Hasselman wrote:
>Maybe this kid's parents, grandparents, and on down the line for a few
>generations have been eating a grain and dairy based diet.  If so, their
>genes may have changed

People have been eating grains for about 300 generations.  During that time
their dogs went through 2,000 generations of their table scraps.  During
this time these gracile wolves (Cannine Lupus-thins) also underwent
morphological changes (far greater changes than hominids have undergone in
their entire history) into the breeds we recognize today.  These breeds
often have far greater genetic differences than any two humans are capable
of having.   Salukis (the oldest of the modern breeds at 7,500 years)for
instance, come in white and black varieties.  The common ancestor of these
two variations is many times more generations removed than your common
ancestor with the most remote bushman or Inuit.

In spite of their superior pedigree, all dogs still do best on a wolf diet.
This consists of the same basic things that all Cannines eat but with
adaptations to the particular ecological niche (Steppe-Tundra) they
developed in.

All Primates do best when their diet is confined to those foods that
Primates eat in Nature.  No Primate in Nature eats the "Forbidden Fruit".
Humans are further evolved to depend on coloridicaly dense foods such as
fats for their energy.  Lack of fats in the diet will produce the results
you describe when carbohydrates are limited.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
http://www.neanderthin.com