Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 15:50:22 -0400
---
Don and Rachel Matesz <[log in to unmask]>

A friend who is a chiropractor sent this to me.  It's a rehash of corruption
information I've known about for a while but it's new to a lot of folks:

This is from "The New Millennium Chiropractor: A Trend forecast For The
Chiropractic Profession" by Trends
Research Institute.

*In 1995, The American Dietetic Association received $3.2 million from
corporations and trade groups including Coca-Cola, M&M Mars, McDonalds, Sara
Lee, The Sugar Association and the National Livestock and
Meat Board.

Defending the ADA position, Dr. Doris Derelian the president of the American
Dietetic Association says, *Actually, we could put our name on any McDonald'
meal...I honestly believe there are no good and bad
foods, only good and bad diets.*

My question is this:  how does one create a *good diet* from *bad* foods?

The worst part about it is that people believe that the ADA is a benign,
public service organization, that it's members are highly educated, highly
credible experts on nutrition and that they are teaching the gospel truth.

Ugh!!!

Rachel (who know's better!)

Btw:  When I did an article for a women's fitness magazine on the research
on the health risks associated with consumption of margarine and other
sources of hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils, I got a letter from
an RD who works for a margarine association.  She did not like my article
and was questioning it, my sources, and hoping to discourage me from writing
other things that might give people the (allegedly mistaken) impression that
such transfigured fats and oils could be hazardous to their health.  She
wanted a list of my sources and a couple of other things.  When my letter
was mistakenly lost in the mail, she contacted the magazine that ran the
article.....it was ridiculous if you ask me, but she was protecting her turf
I suppose!