From:
Buji Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 07:06:46 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: John C. Pavao
>  I hit the wall again at 205, a solid 35lbs over where
>I want to be.  I am literally eating nothing but meat, fat, and eggs
>occasionally.

One factor is that as you lose weight, you spend a lot less energy just
hauling yourself around. If someone weighs 225, with 40% bodyfat, a 135 #
engine is pushing a 225 pound car, a load - engine ratio of 1.67 .If he
loses 50 pounds, and manages to make all but 5# of the loss fat, he has a
130# engine pushing a 175 pound car, a 1.35 ratio. And if he gets really
lean, he may push 140# with a 130 engine, for a ratio of 1.08. Somehow, you
have to compensate for the lost work, by adding more work. Like a lot more
exercise.

This is sometimes a not very welcome idea, but I think that it probably will
always work, when coupled with the paleodiet.

So, my .02

Michael