Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:25:09 -0700
I have now completed nine days on my zero carb, moderate protein,
unlimited fat diet.  I wanted to share something interesting.

You've heard me talk before about the difficulty in getting sufficient
fat, that it was easy to get enough protein, but I just didn't want as
much fat as my plan called for.  And, in previous self experiments I
just got very weak after a few days of this regimen.  Well, as I
mentioned the other day, the weakness was mineral loss due to the
normal water loss associated with this type of dieting.  Added salt
and poof all weakness gone.

Well, I've been forcing myself to eat more fat than I might normally
want, thinking that there was a great deal of negative conditioning
from hearing the drumbeat warnings nearly my entire life about how
evil the stuff is.  There is clearly something to that as I've been
able to consume, happily consume, a lot more of it this time around.

But last night I think I reached an actual physical limit on how much
fat my body wants right now.  After eating a hearty stir fry of 75%
lean grassfed burger with mushrooms, broccoli, and probably a half cup
of toasted sesame oil (which always makes a stir fry taste authentic),
I got sick to my stomach.  You know the feeling when you've had too
much grease -- my wife and I call it the "greasy barfies," lol.  I
think my body was asking me, why are you feeding me fat when we have
plenty in reserve to burn?

This morning had my normal four eggs and bacon, but I purposefully
drained the fat since I just didn't feel like eating it.

Anyway, all is well.  Still feeling good.

Jim "greasy barfy" Swayze