From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 19:03:31 +1100
At 5:51 +1100 7/12/99, Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

>The second brewing of the same leaves- really has power then.

When I make green tea, I hardly ever empty the old leaves out of the pot.
I just add some more leaves to the pot and fill it up with water.
When there is no more room for water, I toss out most of the leaves and
start again. This probably happens every four or five days.

If I'm using teabags... same thing. Just add another bag and leave the old
ones in there. It's not uncommon for me to have 8 bags in a pot!!

If I'm feeling particularly anal, I'll number the bags, and remove the
oldest one and replace it with a new one each time I brew a pot :)

I guess that explains why I get totally wired from green tea... I have
found the secret of turning even mild leaves into rocket fuel :)

Also, I find that after brewing for a few days, the flavour and colour
of the green tea starts to match black tea. I guess it's the enzyme in
the tea that makes the leaves black doing it's work.

 ...Richard.