From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:39:48 -0500
William warned:
<WARNING!
Zinc is described as a copper antagonist. Taking zinc as you write for long
enough results in heart disease due to
copper deficiency/mineral deficiency.
Don't do it!>

I have to say I second this; I have heard this time and again in the past,
never take zinc without copper.
My ND recommended using a copper bracelet, and not taking the zinc
supplement daily.
As for the copper from the bracelet being absorbed into the skin, well it is
certain that SOME of the copper gets absorbed (the skin absorbs whatever you
put on it that is small enough to get through; that's why transdermal drug
patches work) but I don't feel that this is a regulated dose. And I know
that when the body eliminates excess copper, that this can be painful.
Does anyone have any good zinc/copper recommendations, or comments on the
bracelet idea?
Thanks in advance
Stacie