From:
Lisa Sporleder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 22:24:13 ADT
> bought a ton of stuff - walnuts, almonds, pecans, raw sunflower seeds,
> dried figs, dates, apricots, pineapple, coconut, prunes, bananas, and
> regular and golden raisins. For now, while she's reading the info I gave

Kathy,

Glad to hear you're making progress.  :-)  Watch out for dried fruits
even at the health food store, though.  A lot of them are soaked in
sugar before they are dried.  Pineapple and banana in particular.
Never tried drying pineapple, but I dehydrate my own banana chips.
They come out with a taffy-like consistency instead of being crunchy
from the sugar, and with more banana flavor.  Strawberry slices
dehydrate nicely, too.

Lisa Sporleder