From:
Nutrition Magician <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 19:18:35 -0500
Hey, would anybody on the list happen to know anything
or have references sources on the history of weight loss
dieting?  When did we first develop this bizarre habit
of voluntary calorie restriction?  I would guess it must
have coincided with stuff like the development of
transportation and other things that led to less
physical
exertion. But I'm curious to find out if anyone's
written anything.  I figured some of you who read
extensively on
the history of nutrition and dieting styles might be
able
to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Judy Stone
"Every bite you take is a choice you make
about how well you care for yourself'