From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:55:03 -0500
I wrote:

>Tumor cells *selectively* incorporate to much EFAs into their cell walls,
>which makes them weaker.
>This is supposed to be one of the factors leading to the cancer protective
>properties of EFAs.
>
>Now as I wanted to quote you what triggered me to write this
>- I can't find it. I have it on paper.

Here is it. From "Studies Concerning Cancer and Flax and Omega-3"
at http://www.flax.com/library/neoplas.htm (point 25.):

When human colon cancer cells (RPMI4788 and BM314) and
normal mouse fibroblast (L-cell) were incubated with ALA, the membrane
fluidity of the cancer cells significantly increased over
that of normal cells. ALA made the cancer cell membrane more fluid than did
LA. When ALA was administered at a concentration
of 40 microg ml-1, it showed a strong cytotoxicity against the cancer cells,
but not to the normal cells.

Amadeus