From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 19:59:12 -0700
John David Hickey wrote:

> I've been off-and-on the Paleo diet for the past month or so and I've lost
> about 6 pounds (I lost the first four pounds twice, but that doesn't count
> right?). The thing that keeps making me fall off the wagon is bad planning:
> I'll find myself downtown, starving (to the point of getting the shakes and
> seeing spots) and in a rush to get somewhere. So to keep myself from passing
> out, I break the rules and eat crap.

This sounds like a blood sugar crash (hypoglycemic).  It is VERY important
to eat the right foods for breakfast.  High-fat, medium-to-high protein; you
don't
need really a lot of food.  If I eat anything starchy or sweet for breakfast, I
can get
one of those attacks of the shakes.  Also, caffeine can cause a sugar crash.
If I eat paleo, I'm fine even if I happen to skip a meal.

Good luck,
    Lynnet