From:
Edwina B <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 21:12:17 +1100
Eeek, I went away for a weekend and it was sooo hard not to eat things that were not Paleo. As others have said once I ate a few things that were not Paleo it was very hard not to eat more. I felt it right away and have tried to get back to only Paleo foods but am struggling with these things:
- eating so much meat after being mostly a veg and seafood/fish only eater for the last ten years or so
- feeling guilty about eating so much meat given not really happy with the farming of large animals or the killing of them even when they have supposedly been farmed ethically (the difference with seafood is it lives an unfarmed life and so it doesn't feel as bad to me)
- finding it hard not to feel a bit bored without using some of the condiments I've always enjoyed such as balsamic vinegar, black bean paste, oyster sauce etc, mostly I've gone back to using them
- finding it hard to find the time to shop and cook Paleo in a busy life
- feeling a bit of pressure from my partner who is not interested in eating Paleo and although he respects my choice he says it feels hard for him that it's not so easy for him to cook for me anymore
- finding it enormously hard not to eat chocolate when premenstrual which is the only time I'm remotely interested in it.

I do feel the benefits of the diet have been huge and I'm keen to stay on it. How do others stay motivated?
Cheerio
Edwina