From:
Erik Fridén <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 10:06:39 +0100
I try to steam rather than cook most any
vegetables/roots I prepare. However, I do have a
pseudo-Mediterranean dish that I'd like to share:

Layer roots and veggies of your choice in an oven-safe
tray. The varieties towards the bottom partly turn
into mash, whereas the ones toward the top gets more
of a baked feel to them. I use parsnips and carrots
(thin shavings so good!), root-fennel, red onion,
eggplant, zucchini and bell-peppers. Smother in olive
oil and crush amounts of garlic over it.

On top of it all (yes, yes...) a layer of thinly
sliced potatoes (keeps the steam in, and makes for
delicious crisps/chips) over which I pour more oil and
sprinkle with sea-salt (this is one of the few dishes
I use salt).

In the bottom half of the oven on strong heat till the
tatties can't take anymore (approx. 1 h). Enjoy!

/Erik

PS: This mash sounds really good, Ashley!