From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:29:36 +0000
On Feb 09, 2006, at 10:08 pm, Wally Day wrote:

> Here's a news google with links to all the latest and greatest
> articles
>
> http://news.google.com/news?q=low%20fat%20study

Cheers

Someone coincidentally linked to the NY Times article about this on
another list, which I thought was quite surprisingly free of
misleading comments designed to manipulate the results.

Then I saw this in the Daily Mail article (off the Google page):

"While the study didn't give us the results that some people were
hoping for, it suggests that we're on the right track. Women can be
confident that cutting back on fat and following the recommended
dietary guidelines ... certainly won't hurt when it comes to
maintaining a healthy lifestyle and preventing chronic disease."

Sorry for my outbursts here, but... ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!   Somebody
shoot me!!!  HOW do they get from a study that shows negligible if
any positive result to the idea that doing MORE of this thing that
did NOTHING will be better???  Putting no money into my bank account
will not make me rich, even if you do it a million times!

The excuses and blatant self-deception these people come out with is
astonishing.  And they get PAID for it!  I bet at least half the
members of this list could put together a better piece of research.

(I e-mailed the author of the NYT article about paleo, probably
wasting my time though.  Feel free to join in the spamming anyone
that wants!)

Ashley