Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:35:05 -0500
I highly recommend _The Ketogenic Diet_. It is well worth the money. You
can get it at www.theketogenicdiet.com. If you're interested in how to
increase your cardiovascular health and strength, you'll get scads of
information about how a LC diet impacts exercise, as well as a pretty solid
reference book on the general physiology of LCing. Purchase gives you
access to a forum where you can ask questions. You can register to read the
forum for free--no rights to post--by going to the site, above, linking to
the Forum page and hitting enter for the login or whatever gibberish you
want for a username. You'll get a screen that invites you to register for
read only rights. You can skim through it to see if you have any appreciate
for what McDonald has to say about weight loss and nutrition.

The book helps dispel many of the myths associated with LCing, even those
unwittingly perpetuated by LC advocates.

It's not a scintillating read or a book that will get you all het up and
excited about losing weight/exercising more. It's dry, straightforward,
just the facts, ma'am. I am used to that sort of material and prefer it to
popular diet/health self-help books which typically make me cringe and/or gag.

Kelley