From:
Norm Skrzypinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:05:29 -0500
On March 15, 2001 2:23 PM, Todd Moody wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Norm Skrzypinski wrote:
>
> > Our taste preferences are conditioned fairly early in life, I think, and
it
> > takes some effort to overcome them.
>
> Exactly.  The "ugh" response does not simply mean that one is not
> hungry.  That's the claim that I called rubbish.  I'm certainly
> not arguing that raw chicken, or whateve, is inherently
> bad-tasting.
>
> Concerning beef, I can enjoy it either raw or cooked and have no
> sense of it being harder or easier to digest either way.

I think that if you're without food for a day or two, there will be some raw
food that you will find attractive and satisfying, other than the obvious,
fruit.  Not all raw food will be as revolting as that chicken was to you.

It took a few months, after I started eating raw meat, before I could eat
raw chicken.  I now very much enjoy it.  Raw liver, however, immediately
became one of my favourites, despite the fact that I had always turned my
nose up at the cooked variety.

Concerning the digestibility of raw meat:  Some people will notice,
beginning with the very first meal, that there is no discomfort after eating
and the stomach empties in half the time.  Some will sense only the
accumulation of saved energy, after a few days.  Others will experience no
change.  A few will find digestion more difficult, even painful.   The
overwhelming response is favourable; for many people, it's extremely
positive.

Much of what's been written on the subject of raw animal food (RAF), by its
proponents, is either poorly written, poorly referenced, one-sided, greatly
exaggerated or all of those.  With that in mind, here's a couple of links to
some of the less objectionable writing:

Despite the disclaimer at the top, this guy proceeds to prescribe and to
bash MDs, but his description of what to expect on a raw food diet is what
many have experienced.
http://www.buildfreedom.com/tl/tl09.shtml

This is a collection of articles that have been translated from the original
French.  The first one, entitled "Foreword to Instinctotherapy", by Doctor
Seignalet, uses grammatical structures that are uncommon in English, but I
think it's worth the effort to plow through it.  The other articles are
easier to read.
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/5976/

Norm