From:
Gawen Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 10:17:32 EDT
Thanks for your input.
When first left vegetarianism (after 16 years) it was with Eat Right 4 Your
Type (I am A).  I than shifted to The Zone.  I found The Zone crazy making
with all the counting. I also was craving more meat than it allowed.
Neanderthin(paleo) helped reduce me from obsessing on food all day.
I have been doing Anchells program for about a week and I have lost at least
10 pounds of fat.  All of my mid section. My waist shrunk 2 inches. Since my
fat intake increased I don't "crash" if I don't eat every 4 hours.

-Gawen

<< Personal experience says this would be akin to torture for me and some of
 my powerlifter teammates. One of my teammates tried my advice of eating
 from 24-48 ounces of red meat after training sessions and note the soreness
 level.  The results were as I have experienced. No soreness and faster
 recovery. 3-5 ounces would put me on death's door step. I understand that
 powerlifting is a great stress to the body but even in a fairly non active
 person I would recommend close to 1 gram of protein per pound of body
 weight. This is about three meals of 70 grams of protein(I think there's
 about 7 grams of protein per ounce of meat so that's about 10 ounces at a
 time) at a sitting on my lazy days at about 200lbs of body weight. On my
 workout days and more active days I'll consume about 400-500 grams of
 protein in a day. So much for 3-5 ounces. >>