From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 19:38:21 -0400
On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Gawen Harrison wrote:

> It is possible that the combination is the problem.  The other garbage (soda
> ice cream) may effect digestion and allow some kind putrefaction in the gut.
> I am eating a red meat based diet (Anchell no rice) and I am experiencing
> great digestion. If I started adding junk to my diet I would have problems.

It's certainly a possibility.  If it's the combination of red
meat and X that causes problems, and X is commonly present in the
diet of the study populations, then epi studies are not going to
be able to separate the effects of the two.  So until more direct
evidence comes along, we are in the dark.

Todd Moody