From:
michael raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:05:42 -0800
From:    Todd
  I may consume 1,500-2,000 kcals at that meal,

Todd,
How much time passes between when you finish dinner
and when you go to sleep?

Did you have to work up to eating that much in one
meal?  How did you transition?

The guy who wrote the Warrior Diet (I don't remember
his name now) stated (in a body building mag) that
low-carb diets don't work. (I don't remember if he
made a similar statement in the book.) It seems to me
that there is a limit to the amount of grams of
protein that can be digested from one meal and be
handled comfortably in the stomach.  As I understand
it, eating a large quantity of protein will result in
a decrease in the percentage that is assimilated.  I
could imagine eating a pound of meat at a sitting.
That would be (16 oz x 7 grams/ounce = ) 112 grams of
protein which is about 450 calories.  Do you then eat
the rest mainly in fat?  How much carbs do you take
in?

Mike