Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:51:36 -0700
Hi Jim,

David said:
+++++++++++++++++

I don't know if this will apply to you.....

Diabetes runs heavily in my family. All may aunts and uncles etc have it.
On paleo my morning blood sugar was 95-105 (borderline). When I went low
carb paleo it was about the same

I tried the "paleo-hack" potato diet. All I ate for 2 weeks was white
potatoes 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil(for flavoring mainly) and salt,
pepper etc.
After about 4 days my morning blood sugar was in the low 70s! That is with
almost 100% of calories from carbs. Afterward I upped my carb intact( in the
form of white potatoes, taro root and real yams) and my morning blood sugar
is in the 75-85 range.
You might want investigate how fructose effects you body and increase
glucose(in the form of starches) and fat consumption and reduce protein.
I really don't want to start another debate if potatoes are
"paleo"...................

My original email said I have dropped 70 pounds since August eating very
strict Paleo.  However, my type II diabetes is still out of control with
readings into the 200's and even 323 the other day. My doctor wants to run
tests to see if my type 2 has turned to type 1- something that I didn't
know could happen. My thought is that I still need to drop another 50
pounds and maybe that is why my glucose readings are so high.  Also, that I
am not eating enough fat, and that the protein is being converted to
sugars. And David's response was the above.

Thanks,

Trish