Date:
Sun, 17 Jul 2005 09:43:05 -0400
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 07:12:27 -0400, Thomas Bridgeland
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Actually I think any refined carbs or "white" starches can cause them!

Not for me. While white bread was a certain trigger, I could eat a cheese
sandwich made of 100% rye, not yeast-raised.

>> If I eat too many carbs over a period of days, especially for the day's
>> last meal, sure enough one day I will wake up tired and an attack will
>> develop in a few hours time.

  Also heavy carbs for several days makes my
> gut act bad, gas, maybe constipation. I look like I swallowed a basket
> ball or am 8 months pregnant! My usual diet is fairly low carb except
> for fruit. Even too much fruit can do it, but not usually so bad.

Same for me.
Maybe overactive gut yeast?

>> However, the best way for me to trigger a migraine attack is to drink
>> 1-2 glasses of wine in the evening. The next day when I wake up, I'm
>> not hung-over but feel moderately sluggish. Over the next 3-4 hours a
>> migraine attack develops. Enyone else have this experience, that going
>> paleo has increased your sensitivity to alcohol?

Nope. A mouthful of beer or wine would always trigger a migraine. I can
drink same now, no problems, but I never drink as much.

> By the way, a great cure for migraines is to have your feet stepped on.
> Lie flat on your belly and have someone friendly deep massage your
> insteps with their heels. Hurts but feels good! Then the migraine goes
> away. Like magic.

Wish I'd known that.
My solution was a 30 mg zinc pill/day. No more migraines.
I didn't know that taken without copper it would eventually cause the
heart arrhythmia.

I think that paleo-quality raw beef/low carb solved the migraines, as
there is enough bio-available zinc and other minerals in it.

A curious note is that this summer I can go for a walk and even stack
firewood without fear of heart problems if I drink enough spring water
mixed with 1/4 teaspoon/cup of Celtic salt. This in temperatures of over
30C and high humidity.

William