From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:35:52 +0100
On Jun 21, 2004, at 8:24 am, Wally Day wrote:
> I mentioned meat fat. I lose taste for it whether it's
> raw, cooked, obvious, hidden, whatever. Some nuts, however, I can eat
> until
> the cows come home - regardless of their preparation/non-preparation. I
> have to "stop" myself every time. (Well, I will admit that some
> fiery-hot
> spices do seem to slow my nut-munching down a bit :)

Wally,

Which nuts exactly are you prone to over eat on?  I've discussed this
with Theola (who is also a nut-addict) and for a while I thought I was
addicted to all nuts.  Lately I've tried hazlenuts, almonds (not
strictly a nut, I think), pecans, pistachios and cashews.  The only one
that gives me problems is cashews- even a few nuts make me absolutely
ravenous.  I ate them as a child and don't remember this happening, but
then I've noticed a lot since switching to paleo.

Since I cut out cashews, although I can happily sit and eat nuts all
day, I find that I can easily turn down more after a few handfuls.  I
guess they are a "prize" food, a bit like fruit, that your body doesn't
want to reject because they are naturally so rare.  (Enter the
supermarket...)

Ashley