From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:39:53 -0800
Same with me -- my estradiol levels came back as non-detectable and
progesterone was barely there -- I guess what little my adrenals could
muster. And no matter how much I ate correctly and dieted I was unable
to lose an ounce -- but I sure could gain. After researching hormomes
forever I theorized that maybe the reason my body just kept laying down
fat was to have a source for estrogen that fat cells produce, namely
estrone.Women still need estrogen after menopause and that one of the
reasons women gain fat after menopause is to generate estrone.Some
reports claim that women will gain enough fat to produce an estrone
level of 60 pg. Menopause does indeed usher in weight gain for most
women. Makes sense why most studies found that women gained less weight
on HRT than on nothing -- although they still tend to gain some -- but
that's HRT as in man-made drugs given in static doses that doesn't make
physiological sense.   One of the reasons I decided to get on the Wiley
protocol was that I figured that I'd never get control of my weight
until my body had the hormones it needed in the right amounts and in a
cyclical, physiologically appropriate rhythm. I've now been doing it for
about 5 months and I am finally beginning to lose a few pounds. BTW, I
also have got my rhythm back in other areas too -- sexually I'm
beginning to feel like a woman again.

I've gotten to know TS Wiley fairly well and in fact I send her research
materials all the time. I keep nudging her about getting her website
(sexliesandmenopause.com) up and running which I hope she will make
interactive. She is determined to get the knowledge about real
bio-identical hormone replacement (both estradial and progesterone) out
to women if she has to do it one woman at a time. To that end, she does
salons in people's home to small groups of women. I plan to host one soon.

Liz

--
http://shopnow.netscape.com/