Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 10:47:57 -0800
Amanda Hayward-Lester wrote:

> ...   Well, I too have dissected human cadavers and although there is
> indeed food in the colon (you would expect there to be unless one was on IV
> feeding immediately prior to death) I personally saw no evidence of anything
> amazing in there....I would also be interested in genuine citations to back
> this stuff up.

For my own info and for others I will try to find the sources on the
build-up issue. What you'd be looking for in the intestine is hard fecal
matter, a coating along the intestinal wall, worms, diverticula,
structural damage, etc. I can see in the scope of things how these
things could seem pretty unexciting. But they are health issues. We
don't die right away because we are constipated for ten years or because
we have cancer or emphysema for ten years either necessarily, yes? But
our lives can sure be uncomfortable ones.

Micke