Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:16:09 -0500
On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:21:43 +0000, Debra Kierstead
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have little spare time these days with a baby and two other kids plus
>everything else, so I was wondering what everyone would recommend as the
>best book to read on paleo diet if i only have time to read one  (for the
>moment anyways!)
>
>thanks,
>
>Debbie k  in Dundas ,  ontario

Hi Debbie, and welcome.

There are 3 books I can think of:

1. Neanderthin by Ray Audette, which is a layman's guide, and very readable.

2. The Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain, which is pretty new. Cordain is an
academic and has done lots of research into paleolithic nutrition, but the
book is populist rather than scientific. He emphasises lean meat, which
Audette doesn't. He let us ask him some questions about his book recently -
his response should be in the March 2002 archives. But this book is only
out in hardback and quite expensive.

3. The Protein Power Lifeplan by the Eades. I think this is a very good
book and it's not just about diet but also has chapters on e.g. the
importance of sunlight, exercise, iron, magnesium etc. It's not exclusively
paleo since their diet has 3 levels, but the strictest level is paleo.

Hard to say which is best. They're all worth reading! But I started with
Neanderthin, if that helps.

Cheers,

Jo