From:
Susan Skye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:06:45 EDT
Hi all,

<< The FDA won't allow the sale of bacon without nitrates and nitrites as
preservatives anymore, to the best of my knowledge.  The solution would be to
make your own sausage and not eat bacon.   >>

I am in the Twin Cities area (Excelsior) and am able to get frozen bacon
without preservatives and nitrites at my local health food store and sausage
at a large supermarket chain (Byerly's). I doubt they would be selling it if
there were an FDA ban.

Susan