From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:56:54 -0600
> Someone has said on this list that such "parasites" are benign, and
commonly
> found in the gut.

I said *generally* benign.  That's not to say they always are.  I think they
are less so outside of this country, but could be wrong.

You did notice from the abstract I posted that one of the common causes of
magnesium deficiency is pinworms?  Pinworms have also been found in
pathology samples of removed appendixes due to chronic appendicitis.  I
don't think either one of these examples qualifies pinworms as symbiotes.

I conclude with this post.  PubMed will have articles if your interest
continues.

Theola