From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:08:06 -0400
On Wed, 12 Jul 2000 07:47:31 -0400, matesz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Justin Hasselman said :
> And losing fat
>> without doing a lot of cardio is fine by me.  I think I could continue to
>> use fat w/o any cardio at all, so long as I keep my infrequent weight
>> training at a high intensity.  Starting tomorrow, I'm going to quit doing
>> cardio entirely, and just leave my workouts to a full body workout
performed
>> once per week and see if I can lower by BF further.
>
>Check out the article by Dr. Dave L. on the site <www.cyberpump.com> if you
>want to see an opinion/article about why we don't need cardio and why
weight
>training may suffice.

This is the way I lost my body fat. I did no cardio or intensive
aerobics -- just lifted heavy weights 4x a week -- isolated/split routine
(I would promote this over 1x -- full; but individuals may vary)
and moderate walking. And of course the diet below.

Inceasing muscle mass this way sped my fat loss. Intensive aerobics
would have made it more difficult to increase muscle mass, just
defeating the goal of reducing fat. And you need enough fat in the
the combination of meats you eat to have enough energy to pump
weights. This is the way it all tied together for me.

Philip Thrift
Paleofitness: a guide for the paleo-natural bodybuilder
http://pthrift.homepage.com/paleofitness.html