From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2008 00:06:26 -0800
Well, I kind of subscribe to the saying that if you have to resort to foul language as a regular means of expressing yourself, then you are mostly either uneducated or a very angry person!!!  However, I totally agree with your approach to the issue, and I am also completely appalled that THAT was seen as the overwhelming issue at your schools, OH MY!!!!  It's a good thing that I don't drink wine with those educators, lol...it would be interesting to see their assessment of me at certain times!!!  Ah well, I just don't want to be offensive to all the different sensibilities in here.  If I need a gutter day, I have my local bar to hang out in, or scammers to mess with!!!  Thanks again for your kind words, Ron!!!

Love,
Bren

Hi Bren,
I think that over-reacting to any non-standard language is foolish. As a
former high school teacher I spent most of my career working with students
who faced a variety of special challenges. One school I worked at had 600+
students with varying degrees of special needs. A few weeks after a
neighboring school had a student stabbed and killed in a stairwell, our
school staff was asked to identify the most pressing behavioral issue in our
school. I expected topics like bullying, weapons, fighting, or similar
topics. However, the staff identified foul language as our most pressing
problem. Clearly I represented a minority perspective, but I think that
anyone who reacts so strongly to foul language really should question the
source of their reaction.

Best Wishes,
Ron