From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 18:40:37 -0800
There are a lot of xeno estrogens in our environment but they are
certainly not bio-identical estrogen. I once did a paper on them and
they do not act as estrogens in our body in any systematic way --
unfortunately, their activity seems fairly random -- turning stuff on
when it should be off and turning stuff off when it should be on. They
appear to be especially harmful to the developing fetus -- especially
males. The HRT I do uses the template of hormonal activity that mother
nature uses -- it duplicates the normal cycle of young women. If
anything I would imagine that since my body has plenty of the most
powerful estrogen (E2), xeno estrogens wouldn't have much chance to
latch onto its receptors. BTW, man made pharmaceutical hormones such as
premarin and the progestins are xeno estrogens too.

Namaste, Liz

--
http://shopnow.netscape.com/