From:
Lillian Alicia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 03:12:06 -0400

> I have one question about the practice of prechewing
> food. I was under the impression that parents could
> pass on germs to the babies, and that this could lead
> to cavities. But it's just something I heard, and I'm
> not even sure where anymore. Perhaps this is just a
> myth. Also, it may be that with a typical modern diet
> this would happen, but that with a paleo diet the
> parent wouldn't have all the germs in the first place.
>
> Jens

Babies are born to parents whose germs/antibodies have been passed to
that baby.  Almost everything crosses into mama's milk...imagine
the "germs" she is feeding him.  ANother thing i did for my kids is to
lick their wounds...literally.  I think human saliva has many
benefits.  I did not read that anywhere, no studies to quote...i am
just parenting instinctively.