From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 23:15:57 -0500
On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 15:19:06 -0500, william <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I've been eating beef jerky for months, I dry it at 94°F because the
>thermostat can't go any lower.
>Others ate it for millennia, no reports of illness.
>
>William

Me also, in small amounts now and then, with no illness. However, there is
this from a book by a meat lover:

<<A shy middle-aged and neatly coiffed woman, in a twin-set and freshly
pressed khakis, falters in a childlike voice as she begins to recount her
own story of what led her to the Primal Diet. A few years ago, both she and
her husband were diagnosed with Lyme disease. For two years, the couple
meticulously followed doctor’s or-ders, swallowing one prescription of
antibiotics after another. But when traditional medicine didn’t work, they
started looking for alternative ways of healing, eventually stumbling upon
the Primal Diet. They’ve been following it for months. The only problem?
"Well, I don’t know how to say this," she says, sotto voce. "It’s the
parasites. I have parasites, and I’m having trouble getting rid of them."

You’d think it might be a conversation killer. In days past, guests would
head for the drawing room after dinner for some amusing chatter or a game of
charades. But at a raw-meat potluck, nothing seems to get an after-dinner
conversation rocking like talk of parasites. Everyone’s got war stories, but
naturally no one can top the guru’s. "I was in Vietnam when I shat out a
forty-five-foot tapeworm," Vonderplanitz an- nounces, waving his hands
excitedly. His students nod appreciatively. "I know how long it was because
I chased it across the room and measured it. Then, for some reason, I had a
craving for onions. I ate two of them and immediately felt better.">>

From Of Fish, Meat and Men, by Susan Bourette