From:
"Harper, Laura" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 10:01:17 -0400
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while and thought it was about time I
introduced myself.  I found the paleo diet several years ago via Ray's
first
book but thought it was insane since I was a strict veggie head at the
time
(sound familiar?).  Needless to say, I was the one who was insane.
Eventually, I became discouraged with the rice and beans veggie diet
due to
nagging health problems - weight gain despite exercising, fatigue,
lethary,
uncontrollable hunger, allergies, asthma.  I've been eating a
paleo-style
diet for about a year and a half and am quite pleased with the results
although the allergies and asthma have not improved as much as I'd
hoped.

Now to my question.  I recently had a blood test with the following
results:
LDL - 202, HDL - 98, triglycerides - 29, blood pressure 89/53.  I'm a
47
year old female, 5'11 tall and weight 128 pounds (I'm very small
boned).  I
discontinued the birth control pill in March after 20 years. My doctor
is
having a fit over the LDL and thinks it's dangerously high.  I think,
overall that it's pretty good.  He wants to take another test in about
three
months to see if there's any change.

Your opinions will be greatly appreciated!  By the way, this is an
inspirational list.