From:
Wally Ballou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 13:21:38 -0400
On Sat, 8 Jul 2000 09:05:22 -0400 Siobhan <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> I think many said the same thing about the possibility of flight,
> automobiles, computers, etc.

Baloney...  Feng Shui, astrology, and all such similar nonsense have been
around for much longer than any of the above, and they consistently have
failed to prove ANY solid evidence that they are have ANY basis in
reality.  The hallmark of truth is that something can be demonstrated
beyond doubt to someone who does not "believe."

It's easy for a believer to rationalize any amount of coincidence, or
stretch definitions or expectations to validate the "results" of all
sorts of mystical nonsense.  The tiniest "unexplainable" morsel becomes
the basis for accepting the entire nonsensical package.  There have been
ample opportunities to prove these fantasies, but they have never proven
anything except the unlimited capacity for human gullibility and
self-deception.

It may take 30 years to "truly understand" astrology, but once YOU have
mastered it, it should be a simple matter for you to demonstrate its
validity.  Whether it's the banal generalizations of the newspaper
"horoscopes," or comprehensive personal "charts" done for either the
living or the dead, there has never been, and never will be any
"accurate" result that is more than coincidence, and even those are
vastly overwhelmed with inaccurate garbage.  It is simply the nature of
the "believer" to discard the garbage, no matter how overwhelming, and
fixate on the occasional instances of "eerie coincidence."

I suspect that this discussion has reached the limit of OT junk that can
be tolerated on this list, so this will be my final comment.  Believe
what you wish, but don't complain about criticism until you have
incontrovertible proof...  If your 30 year study has given you the
ability to solidly *PROVE* the validity of astrology, then I can tell you
how to make an easy million dollars.  To put it briefly, all you will
have to do is present solid claims of your abilities, define in advance
what you will be able to demonstrate, and then DO it under controlled
conditions, with firm definitions of "success" and "failure" set forth
BEFORE the experiment begins.

If you wish to take this on, I will provide you with information about
where to find the actual legal conditions, and where to submit your
application...

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.