Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 19:58:27 -0800
I definitely think so. In my family on my father's side, obesity is high,
however, they do not eat poorly, or overmuch.  My aunt, for example, weighs
nearly 300 pounds, and has been on an atkins-like diet for almost more years
than I can remember, and I am 40. Extremely low carb, no sugars, but can't
loose the weight. She is very active, swims, walks 5-6 miles a day.  It's
mostly the females that are like this.  Also, for what it's worth, most of
the women on my father's side also have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. They
are doing genetic research on my family because of the high rate of PCOS and
obesity. At least one female in every generation seems to have PCOS, and the
obesity, going back to my great-great-great grandmother. Currently, I have
PCOS, my cousin has PCOS, my Aunt has PCOS, and my daughter seems to have
PCOS, along with the tendency for obesity which is a life-long issue.  It's
really very interesting. But I also think that if one eats bad food, they
will become obese, too.

Trish