From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2008 19:17:55 -0700
Phil said:
> And there were other errors. Should we discard anything Ray
> wrote based on these errors? Of course not. They pale in
> comparison to the service he did for people like me by
> recognizing very early on what many top scientists did not
> see--that all animals, including humans, should eat the foods
> that millions of years of evolution (or divine creation) made
> them best adapted to eat. The most important point in both
> Cordain's and Audette's books is the recognition of the key
> factors in human nutrition and health--the Paleolithic theory
> of nutrition and biological discordance, the disease
> mechanism that underpins evolutionary medicine. All else is
> secondary.

Well said Phil. Our understanding of appropriate and healthy diets for
humans is evolving very rapidly now, but Audette was and Cordain still is a
powerful force in that evolution. While I may disagree with some details, I
am grateful for the new perspective they brought to the field of nutrition,
and to the attention of the general public.

Best Wishes,
Ron