From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2008 17:17:53 +0000
On Nov 03, 2008, at 2:25 pm, Kristina K. Carlton wrote:

> For a while some of you here were eating just one meal a day. Is
> anybody
> still doing that? I am considering doing it myself but am concerned
> since I
> have adrenal fatigue. I have read it's important to eat nlt than 10
> AM and
> eat several times throughout the day when adrenal issues are
> present. Any
> thoughts on this?

Hi Kristina

I ate one meal a day for years, and during that time my symptoms of
adrenal damage have improved.  Someone with a more  serious disorder
may not have so much luck.  Lately (last few months) I've been eating
every other day, with great results.  I was worried about causing my
adrenal function to regress, but actually I feel better.  I'm still in
the process of moving to strict ADF, right now I manage it for a bit,
then eat a on few fasting days.  But over time it's getting better and
better.

I think what it comes down to is (a) whether the stress of fasting is
greater that the stress that was previously caused by food intolerance
and (b) whether you have enough reserves to cope with fasting.  I
suspect (a) is highly unlikely, and (b) is not a risk unless you are
quite close to Addison's disease anyway.  In other words, my own
experience is that fasting isn't as stressful as you might think.
It's more mental than physical (I call it the
OHMYGODIFIDONTHAVETHREEMEALSADAYIWILLSTARVEANDDIE panic syndrome.)

> I have also been reading that a diet high in saturated fat and low
> in fiber
> will contribute to estrogen dominance and therefore hormonal
> imbalance -
> which I have. Any truth to this or is this due to the fact that most
> people
> also eat high carb and highly processed and refined foods along with
> high
> saturated fats?

Sounds like BS to me.  I eat loads of animal fat and look how macho I
am!  Hmm, time for another lemon and ginger tea, I think...

Ashley