From:
Trish Leon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2010 20:37:22 +0000
Hi Ken:

Thank you for the details on exercise. You questioned the type of injury I sustained. I actually broke mu back at the L4/L5 and S1 level. I was riding a horse which bucked, I did a full flip over his head and landed flat on my bum with my legs extended out in front of me. It was a very large horse, I was 12 years old. I have suffered a life of constant pain, numbness and lower extremity weakness since that time. I do use assistive devices while walking, and when my legs are fatigued I must sit and rest. Not the optimal scenario when one aims to have a healthy, paleo lifestyle.

My ortho does not recommend strenuous exercise involving my back as the discs have degenerated greatly, and I do not want to have surgery ever. The sciatic nerves are pinched on both sides which cause me to have floppy feet, and my legs give out.

Could one focus on upper body to build muscle in this case?

Thanks!

Trish