From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 07:50:06 -0400
On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, karen kellock Ph.D. wrote:

> I love the paleo diet.  But the legs bloat with all animal foods.  Sometimes
> it becomes hard to walk, they get so much like tree trunks.  It's getting so
> I have to fast in the morning, have fruit at lunch, and reserve meat for
> dinner-
> only, in order to sleep off the effects and start all over again the next
> morning.

Is it actual bloat, or just a heavy, "wooden" feeling in the
legs?  If you press your thumb into your ankle, does it take a
long time for the white mark to disappear?  The diet should, if
anything, get rid of bloat because of its diuretic effect.

If it's just the wooden feeling in the legs, it is probably carb
depletion.

Todd Moody