From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:10:26 -0600
Larelle wrote:

> 1.  Why did you originally chose vegetarianism?

Originally for health, then as part of a study of Ayurveda/Yoga.

> 2.  What sort of vegetarian diets have you tried and what were the results?

Semiveg for 20 years, macrobiotic a couple of one-month trials (couldn't
stick with it), ovo-lacto for 3 years.  Weight kept going up, arthritis got
worse, constant muscle aches, depression, fatigue.  Celiac disease showed
up after 6 months lowprotein lowfat highcarb diet.

> 3.  What health problems did you have at the end of your vegetarian
> experience?

Celiac disease, arthritis, 70 lbs overweight, fatigue, constant muscle aches.

> 4.  How did you find out about the Paleo diet?

Someone told me about Neanderthin book.  Years later I thought "gotta do
something", the book occurred to me and I ordered it.

> 5.  How long have you been Paleo?

6-7 months (got onto it gradually).

> 6.  What health improvements have you experienced on Paleo?

Muscles recover quickly from exertion, don't ache.  Arthritis considerably
improved.  Weight has dropped 30 lbs so far.  Cholesterol dropped
significantly.
Blood pressure went from marginal high to normal.  Digestion greatly improved.
Less troubled with insomnia.  Mood more stable.

> 7.  What further health improvements do you wish to make?

Would like to lose another 30 lbs.  Hope to continue arthritis improvement, and

be able to hike/backpack/ride bike again.

Lynnet