From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:22:46 -0700
>Thank you so much for your information.
>I'm interested in knowing where you got the same explanation: "estrogen
>released from fat cells".  I would like to read more about this.  (I can't
>remember where I read about this as it was quite a while ago.)  Also, is
>this supposed to be a temporary situation that eventually resolves itself
>when one has lost the desired amount of fat???  My theory that my problem
>is caused by estrogenic herbs is just a theory -- I will stop them and see
>if I experience a difference.  However, my symptoms do seem to coincide
>with my weightloss.

Dr. Lee just says that estrogen is produced and stored in fatty
tissue, and
the fatter we are, the more estrogen we produce. The converse seems to
be
true: that the more estrogen we are exposed to from any source, the
more
obese we become. I've heard many times that obese women have more
signs of
overproduction of estrogen, i.e., difficult periods, lots of PMS,
endometriosis, cysts, etc. I think this is not cause and effect as
much as
a general lack of metabolic health, loused-up pancreatic function,
etc.,
which causes all the above. Sorry this is so anecdotal, but I'm no
scientist, just another woman.

ginny and Tomo, just a dog

All stunts performed without a net!